I have said many times that I would try and keep from going into politics here, but recently the IRS was mentioned as a retort to the FBI, concerning an investigation into Hillary Clinton, the Clinton Foundation, Mrs. Clinton’s emails while at the State Department and all the Clinton shenanigans that have been coming to light recently. Frankly, I do not think the IRS would do an “unbiased” investigation into any matter concerning the Clintons, based on my assessment of its current director, John Koskinen (see my last post: “Benghazi or IRS”). The initial suggestion made by Bill O’Reilly of the FBI doing an investigation might be more plausible, in light of the fact that I couldn’t find any “political” issues with its director, James Comey, but I DO feel an investigation HAS TO BE done. Based on all the past “incidents” Mrs. Clinton appears to have been so closely aligned with and all these recent allegations, SOMETHING has to be done to put them to rest. I just said it: “…closely aligned with…allegations”. A LOT of “questionable” incidents, but nothing EVER seems to stick; however, Hillary Rodham Clinton is a candidate for the 2016 presidential elections and, in my opinion, she appears to be as “slippery” as they come. Allegations? Appears? Isn’t it time some answers should be had? Whether or not the truth can be drilled down to is unclear, but bottom line, as I see it, IF THERE WASN’T ANYTHING TO BE FOUND ON HER PERSONAL SERVER, THEN WHY DID SHE ERASE IT? Let me review some of the history here.
Based on her past, in my opinion, as I said above, Hillary appears to be as “slippery” as they come; however, first let me set something straight on her behalf. There were allegations that back in 1979, the former Hillary Rodham was fired from the committee investigating Watergate by her supposed supervisor, Jeffrey Zeifman. Based on an article in Snopes.com, this is FALSE. Taken directly from this article, “a pair of articles published during Hillary Clinton’s run for the presidency in 2008, one by Northstar Writers Group founder Dan Calabrese and one by Jeffrey Zeifman himself, asserted that Zeifman was Hillary’s supervisor during the Watergate Investigation and that he eventually fired her from the investigation for “unethical, dishonest” conduct. However, whatever Zeifman may have thought of Hillary and her work during the investigation, he was not her supervisor, neither he nor anyone else fired her from her position on the Impeachment Inquiry staff (Zeifman in fact didn’t have the power to fire her, even if he wanted to do so), his description of her conduct as “unethical” and “dishonest” is his personal, highly subjective characterization, and the “facts” on which he bases that characterization are ones that he has contradicted himself about on multiple occasions”. Read more at: http://www.snopes.com/politics/clintons/zeifman.asp#GTVCRSTKPTBEHHJ4.99.
Now that that is out of the way, I still stand by my statement: “she appears to be as “slippery” as they come”. I believe most of the public that’s been paying any attention over the years knows of instances where the Clinton’s have been involved in or around some VERY “questionable” events. A March 10, 2015 blog post of Brad Foz through MRCTV.org entitled “10 Scandals Involving Hillary Clinton You May Have Forgotten” is very enlightening, but let me give you my top five, taken from Mr. Fox’s article, with a personal caveat at the end.
- Whitewater: Hillary and Bill Clinton were partners in the Whitewater Development Corp., a questionable development firm in Arkansas. What’s amazing, in my opinion, is the Clinton’s partners James & Susan McDougal, Arkansas Governor Jim Tucker and Judges David Hale and Eugene Fitxhugh were all jailed for fraud but the Clintons walked away unscathed.
- Travelgate: Hillary Clinton allegedly fires seven travel office employees and has the head of the office, Billy Dale, investigated by the FBI, where nothing inappropriate was found; however, Mr. Dale was then audited by the IRS for three consecutive years afterward. Mr. Dale was basically professionally ruined by this, and please don’t forget the mysterious suicide of Vince Foster, the “man who knew too much”, a close confidant of the Clintons, with connections to both Whitewater and Travelgate.
- Filegate: This is one many might not remember. The Director of the Whitehouse’s Office of Personal Security “improperly” accessed FBI files on several hundred individuals, many of which Mrs. Clinton had politically adversarial relationships with, which just happened to be found in the Clinton’s Whitehouse residence quarters; however, when asked why her Director of Personal Security would access such files, and they would be found in the residential quarters, her response was: “a completely honest bureaucratic snafu”.
- Cattle-Futures Gate: Hillary’s first ever commodity trade was made in the cattle futures market where she ordered 10 futures contracts, normally costing $12,000, when she only had $1,000 in her account. The trade turned into $6,300 the next day and $100,000 over the following 10 months! Robert L. “Red” Bone, the director of REFCO, the Arkansas financial services firm that allowed the trade, after an investigation, had to pay the largest fine at the time in the exchange’s history and was suspended from trading for three years. When asked how she did so well, Hillary responded: “…by doing research through the Wall street Journal”.
- Furnituregate: Bill and Hillary started shipping Whitehouse furniture to their home in Chappaqua, NY, which was supposedly donated to them, but when manufacturers were contacted, were found not to be donated but government purchases.
Then there’s Benghazi and the Clinton Foundation which may never be gotten to the bottem of because of Emailgate where Hillary used a personal email sever for all her time at the State Department, a server that she later had completely wiped clean because she determined everything on it was personal in nature or immaterial. Frankly, in my mind, all of the above swirling around Hillary and Bill Clinton whithout actually connecting them to it is simply too darn hard to fathom, either individually or as a group, and Hillary is running for the highest position in the United States! EVERYTHING appears to happen around Hillary and Bill, but they are never tied directly to it. Are things just ignored or is this all just happenstance? An awful lot of “happenstance” for one couple, if you ask me. If the email and now the Clinton Foundation debacle don’t call for a thorough independent investigation, I don’t know what does. They used to call John Gotti the “Teflon Don”; and let’s face it, many politicians appear to be made of Teflon, but based on the above, Hillary Clinton appears to be made of that new super nonstick material; however, we aren’t talking about some Mafioso Don here. We’re talking about someone that is running to be President of the United States! In my opinion, the email and Foundation issues simply are not something that can be passed up as “nothing here”, as so many things in the past seem to have been, and the IRS, with all its current dilemmas and a director that seems to be more in the “nothing here to see” than “let’s get down to the bottom of this” mode, is ANYTHING BUT the answer to an investigation into the Clinton Foundation and whether or not it accurately reported all its donations. In my opinion, there is A LOT MORE here to be looked into concerning whether or not some donations were reported accurately, and maybe the FBI is the answer, but I’ll say it one more time: Isn’t it about time all these “questions” are put to rest?